It’s an irony of sorts. Enough Orders but not enough Manpower. The gems and jewellery industry, which is witnessing an increase in export orders, is facing challenging times due to lack of skilled manpower as workers are either unable to come back due to transportation restrictions or reluctant to leave their families in times of crisis, the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC).
Even though the times are tough, the demand for jewellery exports is seeing an upsurge, and that is a huge positive. Similar to every other sector in India, the jewellery industry, too, saw a massive exodus of its workforce amid the nationwide lockdown.
GJEPC chairman Colib Shah said-Exporters need to reassure their staff that they will be safe in the factories. Today there is enough work, but not enough manpower. It’s a tricky situation. While they would all like to see the worker attendance number raised, they may have to temper expectations given the situation,”
At present, an official government
- NEBOSH course in Chennai | Nebosh Igc Course | Nebosh in Chennai
- Tech faktory- Digital Strategy For Your Business
- Get Saivam Books, Saivam Tamil, and Sivapuranam Tamil from online
- #1 Private Residential Country Club ; Luxury Golf Clubs/Villas Boca West
- Social Bookmarking Sites
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Home Loan | Interest Rate | Eligibility | Documents Required
- Motiyabind Operation in Delhi
- Dress of Punjab | Punjabi Dress
- The We Foundation | Non-Profit NGO in India | NGO in Kolkata | Donate Online India
- Yarabook-Webinar: How to Create your Toy Store using Builderfly Ecommerce Platform?